Project Manager – Major Events
A Snapshot of Your Day
Manage the execution of assigned major mechanical breakdowns (‘Major Events’) within the SGT-500 to SGT-800 gas turbine global fleet in a cost-effective way and with keen focus on bringing the gas turbine asset to operation as soon as possible.
Lead internal teams of engineers, other project managers, logistics, finance, legal, field service, workshop resources and regional support through a plan to repair Siemens Energy’s MGT gas turbine fleet in the least amount of time and while maximizing revenue where possible.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Conceptualize Major Events’ repair alternatives with support from Engineering
- Sell such alternatives to customer in a way that maximizes revenue (order values up to approx. SEK 130 million) and/or controls cost
- Lead cross-functional project teams through a repair plan and flag setbacks that will delay such plan at earliest
- Interact with suppliers, representatives and, most importantly, customers
- Maintain Salesforce and other reporting tools updated with relevant project information
What You Bring
- General knowledge of industrial gas turbines, power generation equipment and/or its interface with power delivery infrastructure
- Familiarity with MGT internal processes to request field service, parts, workshop repairs and tools is a plus
- Exposure or studies in international business
- Positive interpersonal skills, analytical capabilities and collaborative spirit
- Relevant university degree (a plus)
- General interest in pursuing a career in project management
About the Team
You will be part of a team of energetic project managers that rely on each other’s strong attributes to manage the complexity of the team’s charter. Our team relishes on each gas turbine and customer being different from each other and having to use our broad experience creatively to deliver at or beyond what the market expects from the Siemens Energy brand. Are you ready for this?
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
We can offer you employment benefits such as: reduction of working hours, advance vacation, health care allowance and an eventual possibility to a flexible working place.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Don’t hesitate – apply via https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html , id nr 255368 not later than 2024-02-29
Ongoing selection is applied, the role might be filled before last application date.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Gerardo Pena on firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Mikael Nimvall on email@example.com
We refrain from all contact with staffing and recruitment companies, or advertising brokers.
Trade Union Representatives:
Anders Häll, Unionen, 0122-887514
Simon Von Eckardstein (Sveriges Ingenjörer) 0122-842 24,
Jan Lundgren (Ledarna) 0122-812 33,
Jonny Persson (IF Metall) 0122-817 69